Northern Ireland Committee
The objectives of the group are to:
• To maintain and promote high standards in medical education in SRH
• To promote SRH patient wellbeing by close links with O&G and GUM services
• To influence to establish a province wide consultant post in SRH
Key achievements in 2015:
• Jan 2015 Replied to the consultation document on the proposed reform to the abortion act within NI.
• May and November 2015, Training of GP trainees and qualified GPs as well as O+G regs continues with good attendance at course of 5.
• Nov 2015 Have arranged a meeting with Dr Chris Wilkinson and the commissioners and interested parties in SRH in the province to discuss the way forward for SRH services in NI including appointment of a regional consultant
Chair: Dr Roma Caldwell