Welcome to the FSRH
FSRH is a faculty of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists established on the 26th March 1993 as the Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care. In 2007 the organisation changed its name to the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare as this was more relevant to the current functions of the specialty.
The Faculty grants diplomas, certificates, fellowships and equivalent recognition of specialist knowledge and skills in sexual and reproductive health care.
As a body it promotes conferences and lectures, provides a clinical advisory service and publishes the Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care.
- Outputs from International Women's Day at the RCOG on 6 March 2015:
‘Working together to stop gender-based domestic violence
- New CEU newsletter is now available to view in the members area of the website
- Annual Report and Accounts 2014
- ACCEA 2015 National Awards – deadline for application for FSRH citation 9am 13th May
- Steering Group members needed to set research priorities in contraception - Deadline Monday 8th June 2015
- New CEU Guidance - Intrauterine Contraception
- Applications Sought for Question Writers for MFSRH Examination
- New Product Review - Levosert
- NICE committee to develop guidelines on HIV Testing
- Human Tissue Authority Guidance regarding the disposal of pregnancy remains resulting from pregnancy loss or termination are now available. Abortion services and early pregnancy units are alerted to review their policies and procedures in the light of these new recommendations.
- NEW Service Standards on Obtaining Valid Consent in Sexual Health Services (July 2014)
- Registrations for Current Choices 2015 will open on Friday 17 April, Find out more.
- Member/Fellow Election Update 2015
- NICE committee to develop guidelines on Workplace health
- New CEU Guidance - Progestogen-only Pills
- FIGO now recruiting for Deputy Project Director - Institutionalization of Immediate Post-Partum IUD Services
- Preventing suicide: lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans young people
- Identifying and supporting victims of human trafficking - Guidance for health staff
- The latest FSRH news letter is now available - please click here
- Joint RCOG/BMS statement: Lancet study examines use of HRT and ovarian cancer risk
- PGA Med Ed (SRH): the next course will take place on 11th and 12th of June in Glasgow. An autumn 2015 course is also planned; dates and venue to be confirmed later in the year.
- Stronger advice from MHRA on the use of valproate medicines in girls and women
- CEU Request for member feedback - Survey of UK Medical Eligibility Criteria
- FSRH joins the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Department of Health Statement EMA Press release Update from FSRH
- UPDATE in respect of GMC Regulations - November 2014
- Update on academic credits for nurses August 2014
- Recording FGM How the New Rules Affect General Practitioners
- EMA - Emergency Contraception Report
- New Pro-forma published to help clinicians evaluate the risk of sexual exploitation in young people
- NICE - Public Health Programme Guidance on Contraceptive services with a focus on young people up to the age of 25
- RCGP Position Statement - The commissioning of sexual & reproductive healthcare in England
| Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care - updates
The following are now available on ‘The Journal’ section: Online first, Blog and Podcasts