Welcome to the FSRH
FSRH is a faculty of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists established on the 26th March 1993 as the Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care. In 2007 the organisation changed its name to the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare as this was more relevant to the current functions of the specialty.
The Faculty grants diplomas, certificates, fellowships and equivalent recognition of specialist knowledge and skills in sexual and reproductive health care.
As a body it promotes conferences and lectures, provides a clinical advisory service and publishes the Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care.
VACANCIES AT THE FACULTY
- Human Tissue Authority Guidance regarding the disposal of pregnancy remains resulting from pregnancy loss or termination are now available. Abortion services and early pregnancy units are alerted to review their policies and procedures in the light of these new recommendations.
- The ACCEA 2015 National Awards Round is now open
- NEW Service Standards on Obtaining Valid Consent in Sexual Health Services (July 2014)
- Registrations for Current Choices 2015 will open on Friday 17 April, Find out more.
- Member/Fellow Election Update 2015
- NICE committee to develop guidelines on Workplace health
- Vacancies for NICE Quality Standards Advisory Committees
- New CEU Guidance - Progestogen-only Pills
- FIGO now recruiting for Deputy Project Director - Institutionalization of Immediate Post-Partum IUD Services
- NEW - CEU Newsletter
- Preventing suicide: lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans young people
- Identifying and supporting victims of human trafficking - Guidance for health staff
- CEU Statement - Glioma and Hormonal Contraception
- The latest FSRH news letter is now available - please click here
- Joint RCOG/BMS statement: Lancet study examines use of HRT and ovarian cancer risk
- PGA Med Ed (SRH): the next course will take place on 11th and 12th of June in Glasgow. An autumn 2015 course is also planned; dates and venue to be confirmed later in the year.
- Stronger advice from MHRA on the use of valproate medicines in girls and women
- CEU Request for member feedback - Survey of UK Medical Eligibility Criteria
- CEU Statement - Discontinuation of Reflexions® flat spring diaphragm
- CEU Statement - Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate (Dmpa, Depo- Provera) and Risk of HIV Acquisition
- FSRH joins the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Consultation on FSRH Progestogen Only Injectable Contraception
- Progestogen-only Injectable Contraception
- Response to Public Consultation on Sterilisation Guidance
- Department of Health Statement EMA Press release Update from FSRH
- UPDATE in respect of GMC Regulations - November 2014
- Update on academic credits for nurses August 2014
- Recording FGM How the New Rules Affect General Practitioners
- EMA - Emergency Contraception Report
- New Pro-forma published to help clinicians evaluate the risk of sexual exploitation in young people
- NICE - Public Health Programme Guidance on Contraceptive services with a focus on young people up to the age of 25
- RCGP Position Statement - The commissioning of sexual & reproductive healthcare in England
| Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care - updates
The following are now available on ‘The Journal’ section: Online first, Blog and Podcasts